Re: [TalkAntietam] A few news items

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
      Tom--

      Any more details on the History Channel show?

      Richard
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2005
        Nothing that I can add. I saw them filming some, but was not involved.

        >>> richard@... 09/13/05 4:08 PM >>>
      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
          They have a guy (I had his web site at one point in my life but have long
          since lost it) who takes stills with an authentic Gardenresque CW era
          camera. They were going to use it for "background" on the show. The
          producer won a Peabody for a doc he did on the McCarthy era. All ten of
          these shows are produced by "award-winning" producer-directors. I'm thrilled
          that they selected Antietam over Gettysburg. When speaking to groups I tell
          them that Antietam belongs on the same list with Bunker Hill, Gettysburg and
          D-Day, and if that list can only have three names on it -- take Gettysburg
          off and put Antietam on. The History Channel (at least this time)
          apparently has done just that.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 14, 2005
            Richard,

            Would the photographer be Rob Gibson?

            Very respectfully,

            to preserve it, save that of honour."

          • richard@rcroker.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2005
              The work is very similar, but Gibson's web site is different. I think this
              may be a different guy.