Re: [TalkAntietam] Heritage Day returning to Sharpsburg

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2005
      You guys ain't gonna believe this one....

      I was doing a TV interview this afternoon (small time thingy for a friend)
      and he decided he wanted to do it at Oakland Cemetery here in Atlanta. It
      includes a Confederate Cemetery, so -- great.

      We're doing a "walkie-talkie" walking around the grounds of this beautiful
      and historic place and I stopped dead in my tracks (pun intended). "Oh, my
      God! There is John Brown Gordon!" So right there on the spot, I told all
      about The Bloody Lane. "These men will stay here till the sun goes down or
      victory is won." Talk about serendipity!

      Richard