RE: [TalkAntietam] McClellan has the 'fasts'

    Message 1 of 90 , Jul 11, 2005
      Had lunch with Steve today, he thinks the book is great. i will put no
      more words in his mouth, he will speak for himself. That's as many
      positive reviews as negative, and even Jim said it was a valuable
      contribution to the literature. You're just going to have to read it
      Jeff.
      Tom C.
      P>S> Although Ethan was, like me, a Harsh student, the book is his
      doctoral dissertation for herman Hattaway, hardly a McClellan apologist.

      >>> jbeckner@... 07/11/05 5:48 PM >>>
      I would be encouraged by said reviews if a knowledgeable reader -- whom
      I presume Steven Recker to be and know Jim to be
    • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
      Message 90 of 90 , Jul 12, 2005
        OK. Thanks.