Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: Letter From Stuart to Flora

  • Teej Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2001
      "Anthony W. Turner" wrote:

      Tony,

      > Thanks for the Stuart letter, Teej. I hope the Weather Channel is
      > correct and that Soaker Allison has finally left NC.

      Not quite, still a few lingering storms and heavy down pours.

      > BTW, was the Capt. Stuart whom Jeb mentions a brother or cousin?

      Capt. James Hardeman Stuart and JEB Stuart were double third cousins. I
      let you figure that one out. :-) Like Pelham, Hardeman Stuart took part
      in a battle that was not his and was killed.

      Teej

    • SusanD1861@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2001
        Teej,

        thanks for posting this letter. I love to read actual letters written
        by historical figures. It helps bring then to life.

        susan