Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: Letter From Stuart to Flora

  • Anthony W. Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2001
      Thanks for the Stuart letter, Teej. I hope the Weather Channel is
      correct and that Soaker Allison has finally left NC.

      BTW, was the Capt. Stuart whom Jeb mentions a brother or cousin?

      Tony Turner
    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16, 2001
        "Anthony W. Turner" wrote:

        Tony,

        > Thanks for the Stuart letter, Teej. I hope the Weather Channel is
        > correct and that Soaker Allison has finally left NC.

        Not quite, still a few lingering storms and heavy down pours.

        > BTW, was the Capt. Stuart whom Jeb mentions a brother or cousin?

        Capt. James Hardeman Stuart and JEB Stuart were double third cousins. I
        let you figure that one out. :-) Like Pelham, Hardeman Stuart took part
        in a battle that was not his and was killed.

        Teej

      • SusanD1861@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2001
          Teej,

          thanks for posting this letter. I love to read actual letters written
          by historical figures. It helps bring then to life.

          susan