Re: [TalkAntietam]Now I need some help

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
      I'm doing some research on an etirely different subject and came across a
      reference to the 1944 OCS graduating class at Fort Benning, GA wherein it
      stated that the canditates were awarded their bars by a General Longstreet.
      Any relation?

      Richard Croker

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
        Richard,

        Do you have any thing further on this General Longstreet? Such as a first
        name, etc?

        Very respectfully,
        G E "Gerry" Mayers
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
          Nope -- that's all it says. I called Ft. Benning and they said, "Hmm.
          Interesting."
          > Do you have any thing further on this General Longstreet? Such as a first
          > name, etc?
          >
          > Very respectfully,
          > G E "Gerry" Mayers
          > Confederate Signal Corps,
          > Longstreet's Corps

          Service.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 20, 2005
            Richard,

            I have a friend to whom I have forwarded your question and I await any
            assistance he can render. What ever response I receive I will get to you as
            soon as I receive it.

            Very respectfully,
            G E "Gerry" Mayers
            Confederate Signal Corps,
            Longstreet's Corps

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005
              Cullem only lists James as attending West Point. Of course my Cullem
              only goes to 1960, so it might be a more recent graduate.

              >>> gerry1952@... 06/20/05 6:29 PM >>>
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 21, 2005

                Could you post what you find? Thanks!

                Very respectfully,