Re: [TalkAntietam] West Point @ Antietam

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 20, 2005
      In a foreshadowing of the famous Gettysburg event, General Hancock inquired
      as to the health of General Armistead following the fight. Armistead was
      wounded at Antietam.

      General Hartstuff was severely wounded apparantly by Jeb Stuart's artillery
      very early on. Stuart had crossed lines under a flag of truce to visit with
      Hartstuff only a few weeks before (I believe after Cedar Mountain).

      And, of course, there's AP Hill and Little Mac.

      Check out "The Class of 1846" by John C. Waugh. Here's a partial list of
      that particular class:

      Darius Couch -- John Gibbon -- AP Hill -- Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson --
      DR (Neighbor) Jones -- Geo. Brinton McClellan -- Jesse Reno.

      Hope this helps!

      Richard Croker

      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 21, 2005
        Well done.