R I P Brian Pohanka

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2005
      All,

      I have just been informed, via one of my discussion boards, that Brian
      Pohanka passed away Wednesday morning, ending his struggle of several years
      with cancer.

      The entire Civil War community has lost a giant of a man. While, for some
      reason, I never had the opportunity to personally meet Brian (not for lack
      of trying), I did enjoy his participation in the various CW discussion
      boards we both belonged to over the years.

      Condolences to his wife Cricket, his family and his friends. I know there
      are many on this list who probably did have the opportunity to meet Brian.

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps