Re: Medals of Honor @ Antietam

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
      Hi Steve, folks

      I think the chart cited below misses one - I believe there were 21 not
      20. The missing man is Pvt. John Johnson, Company D, 2d Wisconsin
      Infantry - perhaps he's missed or not included because his citation
      points to his actions at both Antietam and Fredericksburg.

      My list of MoH recipents at/for Antietam is here:
      http://aotw.org/moh.php?citation_id=all

      John Johnson's citation here: http://aotw.org/moh.php?citation_id=114

      More background on the medal and Antietam here:
      http://aotw.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=75

      BTW, the ANB website pages here: http://www.nps.gov/anti/MOH2.htm
      and here: http://www.nps.gov/anti/MOH.htm - seem to have been copied
      from www.medalofhonor.com - I hope that's legit :)