Re: [TalkAntietam] Medals of Honor @ Antietam

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
      Excellent. Thanks.

      Stephen

      On Friday, June 10, 2005, at 09:54 AM, Brian Morris wrote:

      > Ok, my first response seems to have vanished in the unknown reaches of
      > the
      > internet. Apologies if it shows up again.
      >
      > Here's a website that lists them.
      > http://www.medalofhonor.com/AntietamRecipients.htm
      >
      > Brian

    • Brian Downey
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
        Hi Steve, folks

        I think the chart cited below misses one - I believe there were 21 not
        20. The missing man is Pvt. John Johnson, Company D, 2d Wisconsin
        Infantry - perhaps he's missed or not included because his citation
        points to his actions at both Antietam and Fredericksburg.

        My list of MoH recipents at/for Antietam is here:
        http://aotw.org/moh.php?citation_id=all

        John Johnson's citation here: http://aotw.org/moh.php?citation_id=114

        More background on the medal and Antietam here:
        http://aotw.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=75

        BTW, the ANB website pages here: http://www.nps.gov/anti/MOH2.htm
        and here: http://www.nps.gov/anti/MOH.htm - seem to have been copied
        from www.medalofhonor.com - I hope that's legit :)