Re: [TalkAntietam] Crossed quills

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 9 7:45 PM
      Richard,

      Do you have an illustration of it? Perhaps Lord might have something about
      it in one of his CW Encyclopedias?

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 10 4:11 AM
        > Do you have an illustration of it? Perhaps Lord might have something about
        > it in one of his CW Encyclopedias?
        >
        > Very respectfully,
        > G E "Gerry" Mayers
        > Confederate Signal Corps,
        > Longstreet's Corps

        Service.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 10 6:37 AM
          How many Medals of Honor were awarded at Antietam? Thanks.

          Stephen Recker
        • Brian Morris
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 10 6:41 AM
            Here's a website that lists them.
            http://www.medalofhonor.com/AntietamRecipients.htm

            Brian

            > How many Medals of Honor were awarded at Antietam? Thanks.
            >
            > Stephen Recker
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Brian Morris
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 10 6:54 AM
              Ok, my first response seems to have vanished in the unknown reaches of the
              internet. Apologies if it shows up again.

            • richard@rcroker.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 10 7:01 AM
                My favs....

                Johnny Cook, Battery B, 4th US. He's a major character in TMMF and deserved
                his MoH I think.

                Cpl Orth, however, simply FOUND a regimental flag on a quiet field and
                picked it up and turned it in. "Here's you medal."

                There was a purge of these types from the roles well after the fact.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 10 7:13 AM
                  Excellent. Thanks.

                  Stephen

                  On Friday, June 10, 2005, at 09:54 AM, Brian Morris wrote:

                  > Ok, my first response seems to have vanished in the unknown reaches of
                  > the
                  > internet. Apologies if it shows up again.
                  >
                  > Here's a website that lists them.
                  > http://www.medalofhonor.com/AntietamRecipients.htm
                  >
                  > Brian

                • Brian Downey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 10 8:32 AM
                    Hi Steve, folks

                    I think the chart cited below misses one - I believe there were 21 not
                    20. The missing man is Pvt. John Johnson, Company D, 2d Wisconsin
                    Infantry - perhaps he's missed or not included because his citation
                    points to his actions at both Antietam and Fredericksburg.

                    My list of MoH recipents at/for Antietam is here:
                    http://aotw.org/moh.php?citation_id=all

                    John Johnson's citation here: http://aotw.org/moh.php?citation_id=114

                    More background on the medal and Antietam here:
                    http://aotw.org/exhibit.php?exhibit_id=75

                    BTW, the ANB website pages here: http://www.nps.gov/anti/MOH2.htm
                    and here: http://www.nps.gov/anti/MOH.htm - seem to have been copied
                    from www.medalofhonor.com - I hope that's legit :)