Re: Kingsbury's father-in-law?

  • Brian Downey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3 10:08 PM
      He's not in Frassanito, I've just been in it, and checked. Could be
      in Priest. His face is in the Time/Life volume on Antietam, for sure.
      You can see him here:

      http://aotw.org/officers.php?officer_id=218

      Brian

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@f...> wrote:
      > TJ;
      >
      > In either Priest's book on Antietam or in Frassanito's book on Antietam
      > photographs, there is a picture of Kingsbury.
      >
      > Very respectfully,
      > G E "Gerry" Mayers
      > Confederate Signal Corps,
      > Longstreet's Corps

      Zachary
      > >> Taylor:
      > >>
      > >> In his book "Antietam Revealed", Dennis Frye states on page 118 (item
      > >> #1209)
      > >> that "Kingsbury was married to a daughter of former president and
      > >> Mexican
      > >> War
      > >> hero Zachary Taylor".
      > >>
      > >> On a website, I found a listing of President Taylor's daughters
      as: Ann
      > >> Mackall, Sarah Knox, Mary Elizabeth. Therefore I am still
      assuming that
      > >> Eva Taylor
      > >> was the daughter of Lt Colonel Joseph P. Taylor.
      > >
      > > I found this on the Military Images website:
      > >
      > > "On its face, his decision to remain in the Army may appear
      simple, but
      > > family ties to the South must have caused him some anxiety. Besides
      > > Buckner,
      > > soon to become a prominent Confederate general and who was married
      to his
      > > older sister, Kingsbury himself was engaged to Eva Taylor, of
      Kentucky,
      > > the
      > > daughter of Lieutenant Colonel Joseph P. Taylor. Taylor, assistant
      > > commissary general of the U.S. Army, had two army officer sons who
      > > remained
      > > loyal to the Union, but another daughter was married to David R.
      Jones, a
      > > Confederate officer. "
      > >
      > > Other interesting fact from this site:
      > >
      > > "Kingsbury's body was taken to Washington, D.C., where it was laid
      to rest
      > > at Oak Hill Cemetery. In December his widow Eva gave birth to a son,
      > > Henry,
      > > Jr. Kingsbury was mourned by many, a West Point classmate writing, "I
      > > cannot
      > > tell you how much we have felt about Kingsbury's death."
      > >
      > > Teej

      Service.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7 7:54 AM
        Anybody know what is going on at the Harpers Ferry CW Round Table
        tomorrow night? Thanks.

        Stephen Recker