Re: [TalkAntietam] Kingsbury's father-in-law?

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
      Jeeze -- where were you guys when I was writing my book? You could have
      shaved about two years off of my research time!

      Richard
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
        Richard,

        You should have been part of this group three years ago... It would have
        helped......

        Very respectfully,
        G E "Gerry" Mayers
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        > Jeeze -- where were you guys when I was writing my book? You could have
        > shaved about two years off of my research time!
        >
        > Richard

      • Brian Downey
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
          He's not in Frassanito, I've just been in it, and checked. Could be
          in Priest. His face is in the Time/Life volume on Antietam, for sure.
          You can see him here:

          http://aotw.org/officers.php?officer_id=218

          Brian

          --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@f...> wrote:
          > TJ;
          >
          > In either Priest's book on Antietam or in Frassanito's book on Antietam
          > photographs, there is a picture of Kingsbury.
          >
          > Very respectfully,
          > G E "Gerry" Mayers
          > Confederate Signal Corps,
          > Longstreet's Corps

          Jones, a
          > > Confederate officer. "
          > >
          > > Other interesting fact from this site:
          > >
          > > "Kingsbury's body was taken to Washington, D.C., where it was laid
          to rest
          > > at Oak Hill Cemetery. In December his widow Eva gave birth to a son,
          > > Henry,
          > > Jr. Kingsbury was mourned by many, a West Point classmate writing, "I
          > > cannot
          > > tell you how much we have felt about Kingsbury's death."
          > >
          > > Teej

          Service.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
            Anybody know what is going on at the Harpers Ferry CW Round Table
            tomorrow night? Thanks.

            Stephen Recker