Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: New Monuments

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
      Thanks again, very helpful. One thing that may help is local courtesy.
      If we can persuade the local Congressman, Roscoe Bartlett, to oppose it
      then other Congressmen are less likely to want to ram it through over
      his vote. I have written to him, but have not heard back yet.

      >>> ironbrigade@... 06/01/05 4:52 PM >>>
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
        This may be too late for people to take advantage of, but later today,
        Thursday June 2, Roscoe Bartlett is having a Congressional Open Door
        time from 10am until noon. You can call 1-888-863-4581 or 301-797-6043
        to get an appointment. Hopefully one of us can get in there.

        Stephen Recker

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
          Steve,
          Where?

          >>> recker@... 06/02/05 12:05 AM >>>
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
            Sorry for not putting the address in there. Sixth District
            Congressional office, 11377 Robinwood Drive. Right across from you at
            the college there. I hope you were able to make it. I don't think it
            was a drop in thing, though.

            Stephen

          • rotbaron@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
              I've sent an email to my Congressman and posted Tom Clemens' notice onto my CWRT webpage. If indeed I get a reply from my email, I will let you know.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                No, I was busy here, too bad. Let's hope he hasthe guts to do the right
                thing.

                >>> recker@... 06/02/05 2:07 PM >>>