Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: New Monuments

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
      Brian,
      I could not get to your link, and am not sure i am receiving AOTW, but
      appreciate the posting. Yes, the NPS does oppose the bill.

      >>> bdowney@... 06/01/05 10:16 AM >>>
    • Brian Morris
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
        I contacted my local congressman Dennis Moore and was asked whom he should
        contact for more information. I gave him your e-mail address Tom so
        hopefully he will be contacting you.

        Brian

        > Your eloquence and support of the battlefields are much appreciated.
        > Feel free to post where you like.
        > Tom
        >
        > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Brian Morris
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
          I spoke with my Congressman a few hours ago. He unfortunately has not been
          contacted by anyone besides myself on this matter, nor did he know much in
          the way of the bill itself. We had a good conversation about historic
          preservation.

          My concern is that people interested in civil war preservation are not aware
          of this proposal and that congressmen in western states will simply
          rubberstamp this bill due to the fact that there is less civil war interest
          in the western states for obvious reasons. So I encourage our members in the
          west especially to make an effort to contact their representatives as I
          doubt representatives in states such as Hawaii and Oregon have as many civil
          war buffs in their constituency.

          Brian

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
            Thanks again, very helpful. One thing that may help is local courtesy.
            If we can persuade the local Congressman, Roscoe Bartlett, to oppose it
            then other Congressmen are less likely to want to ram it through over
            his vote. I have written to him, but have not heard back yet.

            >>> ironbrigade@... 06/01/05 4:52 PM >>>
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
              This may be too late for people to take advantage of, but later today,
              Thursday June 2, Roscoe Bartlett is having a Congressional Open Door
              time from 10am until noon. You can call 1-888-863-4581 or 301-797-6043
              to get an appointment. Hopefully one of us can get in there.

              Stephen Recker

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                Steve,
                Where?

                >>> recker@... 06/02/05 12:05 AM >>>
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Sorry for not putting the address in there. Sixth District
                  Congressional office, 11377 Robinwood Drive. Right across from you at
                  the college there. I hope you were able to make it. I don't think it
                  was a drop in thing, though.

                  Stephen

                • rotbaron@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                    I've sent an email to my Congressman and posted Tom Clemens' notice onto my CWRT webpage. If indeed I get a reply from my email, I will let you know.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                      No, I was busy here, too bad. Let's hope he hasthe guts to do the right
                      thing.

                      >>> recker@... 06/02/05 2:07 PM >>>