Re: [TalkAntietam] New Monuments

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
      Your eloquence and support of the battlefields are much appreciated.
      Feel free to post where you like.
      Tom

      >>> ironbrigade@... 06/01/05 2:42 AM >>>
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
        Brian,
        I could not get to your link, and am not sure i am receiving AOTW, but
        appreciate the posting. Yes, the NPS does oppose the bill.

        >>> bdowney@... 06/01/05 10:16 AM >>>
      • Brian Morris
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
          I contacted my local congressman Dennis Moore and was asked whom he should
          contact for more information. I gave him your e-mail address Tom so
          hopefully he will be contacting you.

          Brian

          > Your eloquence and support of the battlefields are much appreciated.
          > Feel free to post where you like.
          > Tom
          >
          > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Brian Morris
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
            I spoke with my Congressman a few hours ago. He unfortunately has not been
            contacted by anyone besides myself on this matter, nor did he know much in
            the way of the bill itself. We had a good conversation about historic
            preservation.

            My concern is that people interested in civil war preservation are not aware
            of this proposal and that congressmen in western states will simply
            rubberstamp this bill due to the fact that there is less civil war interest
            in the western states for obvious reasons. So I encourage our members in the
            west especially to make an effort to contact their representatives as I
            doubt representatives in states such as Hawaii and Oregon have as many civil
            war buffs in their constituency.

            Brian

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
              Thanks again, very helpful. One thing that may help is local courtesy.
              If we can persuade the local Congressman, Roscoe Bartlett, to oppose it
              then other Congressmen are less likely to want to ram it through over
              his vote. I have written to him, but have not heard back yet.

              >>> ironbrigade@... 06/01/05 4:52 PM >>>
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
                This may be too late for people to take advantage of, but later today,
                Thursday June 2, Roscoe Bartlett is having a Congressional Open Door
                time from 10am until noon. You can call 1-888-863-4581 or 301-797-6043
                to get an appointment. Hopefully one of us can get in there.

                Stephen Recker

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                  Steve,
                  Where?

                  >>> recker@... 06/02/05 12:05 AM >>>
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                    Sorry for not putting the address in there. Sixth District
                    Congressional office, 11377 Robinwood Drive. Right across from you at
                    the college there. I hope you were able to make it. I don't think it
                    was a drop in thing, though.

                    Stephen

                  • rotbaron@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                      I've sent an email to my Congressman and posted Tom Clemens' notice onto my CWRT webpage. If indeed I get a reply from my email, I will let you know.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 2, 2005
                        No, I was busy here, too bad. Let's hope he hasthe guts to do the right
                        thing.

                        >>> recker@... 06/02/05 2:07 PM >>>