Re: [TalkAntietam] New regiments

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      Richard,
      because the new regiments were dispersed throughout the army it would
      have been impossible to holdthem out of combat, even had McClellan
      wished to do so. Certainly it was not really his call anyway as these
      units were assigend to brigades, etc. where the commander decided such
      things. Some commanders did hold them back, ie. artillery support, etc.
      Other new regiments performed well, 13th NJ for example.
      The 20 Me was in Humphreys' division, which did not arrive until the
      18th, after a forced march from Frederick. JLC never saw the batle of
      Antietam, only the aftermath.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2005
        We are having another test for guides at Antietam at 10am Wednesday
        June 8. If anyone is interested please contact me privately. Thanks.

        Stephen Recker
        Interactive Producer

        Another Software Miracle
        P.O. Box 705