Re: [TalkAntietam] Battlefield Cell Talk

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 24 8:52 AM
      Funny -- I was surprised to fing that my T-Mobile worked at all, and it
      worked fine.

      The NPS (I understand) is partly to blame (?) for the poor cell phone
      reception due to the fact that they don't want a cell tower anywhere visable
      from the park. Understandable to my way of thinking, but an inconvenience
      nonetheless.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 24 9:01 AM
        IIRC, there are some towers atop South Mountain......near Fox's
        Gap...couldn't some cell antennae be put there?

        Very respectfully,
        G E "Gerry" Mayers
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        > Funny -- I was surprised to fing that my T-Mobile worked at all, and it
        > worked fine.
        >
        > The NPS (I understand) is partly to blame (?) for the poor cell phone
        > reception due to the fact that they don't want a cell tower anywhere
        > visable
        > from the park. Understandable to my way of thinking, but an inconvenience
        > nonetheless.

      • Brian Morris
        Message 3 of 10 , May 24 10:45 AM
          I use Cingular and during my trip last year I went from Gettysburg to
          Antietam and Harpers Ferry and don't recall having any problems. In fact I
          remember calling my wife at one point somewhere northwest of Boonsboro and
          when she asked where I was having to admit "That is a question weighing
          heavy on my mind at the moment".

          Brian

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 24 12:10 PM
            Brian -- been there -- done that -- literally and figuratively!

            Richard

            > I use Cingular and during my trip last year I went from Gettysburg to
            > Antietam and Harpers Ferry and don't recall having any problems. In fact I
            > remember calling my wife at one point somewhere northwest of Boonsboro and
            > when she asked where I was having to admit "That is a question weighing
            > heavy on my mind at the moment".
            >
            > Brian
            >

            > > Sorry if this is slightly OT, but I am trying to find a cell phone
            > > provider that gets good reception down on the battlefield. I use
            > > T-Mobile and have very mixed results. Does anyone have a cell phone
            > > that gets really good reception down there? Thanks.
            > >
            > > Stephen Recker
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Brian Downey
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 11, 2005
              Everything fell into place, new Napoleon and all.

              I witnessed the glorious racket Saturday morning at the Park. Most
              impressivly done. I've posted a couple of pictures online for flavor

              http://www.aotw.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Artillery-Hell-2005

              though I'm not much of a photograper.

              They're at it again Sunday afternoon if you're able to get there.

              Brian

              --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@h...>
              wrote:
              > If everything falls into place, two Napoleons and two 3" rifles. We
              > presume Antietam's new Napoleon will be in any day. They retired the
              > old 6 pdr. I will be at the event, participating as a section
              > commander, or giving the talk, or if we have enough guys I will be
              > happily serving as a rear-rank private. Stop by and visit if you're
              > there.
              > Tom Clemens
              >
              > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 12, 2005
                Brian and Tom,
                Thank You for the pictures and Info on Artillery Hell 2005. I wished
                I could be there. I also want to thank every member of this group
                for posting courteously and with respect for each other. A lot of
                newsgroups do not have members such as you.
                Jeff

                --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Downey" <bdowney@a...>

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 19, 2007
                  This is just a test. Thanks.