Battlefield Trivia

    Message 1 of 10 , May 24, 2005
      Two quick questions:

      How tall is the Bloody lane tower?

      During what years was the cemetery lodge used as a museum?

      Thanks,
      Stephen Recker
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 24, 2005
        Funny -- I was surprised to fing that my T-Mobile worked at all, and it
        worked fine.

        The NPS (I understand) is partly to blame (?) for the poor cell phone
        reception due to the fact that they don't want a cell tower anywhere visable
        from the park. Understandable to my way of thinking, but an inconvenience
        nonetheless.

        Message 3 of 10 , May 24, 2005
          IIRC, there are some towers atop South Mountain......near Fox's
          Gap...couldn't some cell antennae be put there?

          Very respectfully,
          G E "Gerry" Mayers
          Confederate Signal Corps,
          Longstreet's Corps

          > Funny -- I was surprised to fing that my T-Mobile worked at all, and it
          > worked fine.
          >
          > The NPS (I understand) is partly to blame (?) for the poor cell phone
          > reception due to the fact that they don't want a cell tower anywhere
          > visable
          > from the park. Understandable to my way of thinking, but an inconvenience
          > nonetheless.

        • Brian Morris
          Message 4 of 10 , May 24, 2005
            I use Cingular and during my trip last year I went from Gettysburg to
            Antietam and Harpers Ferry and don't recall having any problems. In fact I
            remember calling my wife at one point somewhere northwest of Boonsboro and
            when she asked where I was having to admit "That is a question weighing
            heavy on my mind at the moment".

            Brian

          • richard@rcroker.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 24, 2005
              Brian -- been there -- done that -- literally and figuratively!

              Richard

              > I use Cingular and during my trip last year I went from Gettysburg to
              > Antietam and Harpers Ferry and don't recall having any problems. In fact I
              > remember calling my wife at one point somewhere northwest of Boonsboro and
              > when she asked where I was having to admit "That is a question weighing
              > heavy on my mind at the moment".
              >
              > Brian
              >

              > > Sorry if this is slightly OT, but I am trying to find a cell phone
              > > provider that gets good reception down on the battlefield. I use
              > > T-Mobile and have very mixed results. Does anyone have a cell phone
              > > that gets really good reception down there? Thanks.
              > >
              > > Stephen Recker
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Brian Downey
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 11 9:24 PM
                Everything fell into place, new Napoleon and all.

                I witnessed the glorious racket Saturday morning at the Park. Most
                impressivly done. I've posted a couple of pictures online for flavor

                http://www.aotw.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Artillery-Hell-2005

                though I'm not much of a photograper.

                They're at it again Sunday afternoon if you're able to get there.

                Brian

                --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@h...>
                wrote:
                > If everything falls into place, two Napoleons and two 3" rifles. We
                > presume Antietam's new Napoleon will be in any day. They retired the
                > old 6 pdr. I will be at the event, participating as a section
                > commander, or giving the talk, or if we have enough guys I will be
                > happily serving as a rear-rank private. Stop by and visit if you're
                > there.
                > Tom Clemens
                >
                > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

              • Jeff
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 12 5:25 AM
                  Brian and Tom,
                  Thank You for the pictures and Info on Artillery Hell 2005. I wished
                  I could be there. I also want to thank every member of this group
                  for posting courteously and with respect for each other. A lot of
                  newsgroups do not have members such as you.
                  Jeff

                  --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Downey" <bdowney@a...>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 19, 2007
                    This is just a test. Thanks.