Re: [TalkAntietam] Four Gun Battery Highlights *Artillery Hell* Weekend 11-12 June 05

    Message 1 of 10 , May 23 6:29 AM
      If everything falls into place, two Napoleons and two 3" rifles. We
      presume Antietam's new Napoleon will be in any day. They retired the
      old 6 pdr. I will be at the event, participating as a section
      commander, or giving the talk, or if we have enough guys I will be
      happily serving as a rear-rank private. Stop by and visit if you're
      there.
      Tom Clemens

      >>> bdowney@... 05/23/05 9:08 AM >>>
      Message 2 of 10 , May 24 8:13 AM
        Sorry if this is slightly OT, but I am trying to find a cell phone
        provider that gets good reception down on the battlefield. I use
        T-Mobile and have very mixed results. Does anyone have a cell phone
        that gets really good reception down there? Thanks.

        Stephen Recker
        Message 3 of 10 , May 24 8:16 AM
          Two quick questions:

          How tall is the Bloody lane tower?

          During what years was the cemetery lodge used as a museum?

          Thanks,
          Stephen Recker
        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 10 , May 24 8:52 AM
            Funny -- I was surprised to fing that my T-Mobile worked at all, and it
            worked fine.

            The NPS (I understand) is partly to blame (?) for the poor cell phone
            reception due to the fact that they don't want a cell tower anywhere visable
            from the park. Understandable to my way of thinking, but an inconvenience
            nonetheless.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 24 9:01 AM
              IIRC, there are some towers atop South Mountain......near Fox's
              Gap...couldn't some cell antennae be put there?

              Very respectfully,
              G E "Gerry" Mayers
              Confederate Signal Corps,
              Longstreet's Corps

              > Funny -- I was surprised to fing that my T-Mobile worked at all, and it
              > worked fine.
              >
              > The NPS (I understand) is partly to blame (?) for the poor cell phone
              > reception due to the fact that they don't want a cell tower anywhere
              > visable
              > from the park. Understandable to my way of thinking, but an inconvenience
              > nonetheless.

            • Brian Morris
              Message 6 of 10 , May 24 10:45 AM
                I use Cingular and during my trip last year I went from Gettysburg to
                Antietam and Harpers Ferry and don't recall having any problems. In fact I
                remember calling my wife at one point somewhere northwest of Boonsboro and
                when she asked where I was having to admit "That is a question weighing
                heavy on my mind at the moment".

                Brian

              • richard@rcroker.com
                Message 7 of 10 , May 24 12:10 PM
                  Brian -- been there -- done that -- literally and figuratively!

                  Richard

                  > I use Cingular and during my trip last year I went from Gettysburg to
                  > Antietam and Harpers Ferry and don't recall having any problems. In fact I
                  > remember calling my wife at one point somewhere northwest of Boonsboro and
                  > when she asked where I was having to admit "That is a question weighing
                  > heavy on my mind at the moment".
                  >
                  > Brian
                  >

                  > > Sorry if this is slightly OT, but I am trying to find a cell phone
                  > > provider that gets good reception down on the battlefield. I use
                  > > T-Mobile and have very mixed results. Does anyone have a cell phone
                  > > that gets really good reception down there? Thanks.
                  > >
                  > > Stephen Recker
                  > >

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Brian Downey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 11, 2005
                    Everything fell into place, new Napoleon and all.

                    I witnessed the glorious racket Saturday morning at the Park. Most
                    impressivly done. I've posted a couple of pictures online for flavor

                    http://www.aotw.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Artillery-Hell-2005

                    though I'm not much of a photograper.

                    They're at it again Sunday afternoon if you're able to get there.

                    Brian

                    --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@h...>
                    wrote:
                    > If everything falls into place, two Napoleons and two 3" rifles. We
                    > presume Antietam's new Napoleon will be in any day. They retired the
                    > old 6 pdr. I will be at the event, participating as a section
                    > commander, or giving the talk, or if we have enough guys I will be
                    > happily serving as a rear-rank private. Stop by and visit if you're
                    > there.
                    > Tom Clemens
                    >
                    > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

                  • Jeff
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 12, 2005
                      Brian and Tom,
                      Thank You for the pictures and Info on Artillery Hell 2005. I wished
                      I could be there. I also want to thank every member of this group
                      for posting courteously and with respect for each other. A lot of
                      newsgroups do not have members such as you.
                      Jeff

                      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Downey" <bdowney@a...>

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 19, 2007
                        This is just a test. Thanks.