OT- Memorial Day Parade

  • Mary A. Stevanus
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2005
      Friends, this is really off topic, but.

      I am with the Sharpsburg Historical Society which planned to appear in
      our town's upcoming Memorial Day parade to promote the society and our
      upcoming events. Some may know that SHS has taken over the Heritage
      Festival in September.

      We just found out that we will not have access to the wagon we have
      typically used for the parade. Does anyone know of a wagon or
      carriage or other vehicle (local) we could use for the parade? We
      would really appreciate any help or suggestions!

      Mary Stevanus, Sharpsburg
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2005
        Mary;

        Can't help you w/ the wagon (I live in Atlanta). But I would LOVE to know
        what events are being planned around the anniversary! Anything going on?

        Richard Croker
        www.rcroker.com

        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2005
          Mary,
          The fellow up at Crampton's Gap that runs the pottery place, Van
          Gilder??, just bought an original Civil War wagon. It looks in good
          shape he might be willing to loan it.
          Tom Clemens

          >>> antietam111@... 05/13/05 3:04 PM >>>