Re: [TalkAntietam] Digest Number 490

  • gwjchris@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 3:43 PM
      ----- From: <richard@...>
      Subject: Re: Help me Title my BOOK!

      Better to Have Watched than to Have Died.
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6 3:58 PM
        Actually there's an actual quotation from Fredericksburg -- "Better to die
        and be called a fool than live and be called a coward."

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7 10:19 AM
          I obviously "borrowed" the title "To Make Men Free" from Julia Ward Howe and the Battle Hymn of the Republic. I told my wife this morning that those momentous lyrics have been pretty well picked over for book titles. Terrible Swift Sword, Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory, Never Call Retreat, &tc &tc &tc...

          But, I decided to give it one last shot and came to the final verse...

          He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
          He is wisdom to the mighty, He is HONOR TO THE BRAVE;
          So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
          Our God is marching on.
          Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
          Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

          I may actually be able to talk the guys in New York into considering this one. bUT, in the meantime, since I've been so wrong before, keep thinking.