RE: [TalkAntietam] Help me Title my BOOK!

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 2005
      Oh yeah, Gerry. That's REAL positive.

      Richard, try "The Glorious Valor of Freedom". That sounds sophomoric enough
      to satisfy even the most enlightened editor.

      Harry

      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 2005
        Harry,

        It is all about grabbing the attention of the prospective reader.........

        Very respectfully,
        G E "Gerry" Mayers
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        > Richard, try "The Glorious Valor of Freedom". That sounds sophomoric
        > enough
        > to satisfy even the most enlightened editor.
        >

        > Harry

      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 2005
          You'd think that Gerry, except as Richard points out, his publisher wants
          something positive.

          _____

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 6, 2005
            Are you ready for THIS? They turned down "The Alter of Freedom" because it
            sounds too "religious."

            My stomach hurts. (sigh)

            Message 5 of 9 , May 6, 2005
              How about "When Valor Is Not Enough"

              >>> richard@... 05/06/05 9:32 AM >>>
            • Brian Morris
              Message 6 of 9 , May 6, 2005
                Ok, here's a few

                "Of Glory and Valor"
                "The worst place in the world"
                "For freedom not glory"
                "For duty and freedom"
                "For duty, For freedom"
                "Not for Glory"

                Brian

              • richard@rcroker.com
                Message 7 of 9 , May 6, 2005

                  That's what they're looking for. I'll run it by 'em.

                  Richard