Re: [TalkAntietam] Volunteers Restore Historic Otto Lane

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
      Weather is supposed to be great on Sunday. I have first reenactment with my
      group at Neshaminy this weekend, and Saturday doesn't look so great right
      now.

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
        Do any of you guys know what (if anything) is happening on the anniversary
        this year?

        Richard Croker
        www.rcroker.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
          Dear Richard,

          If you go to www.nps.gov/anti, and then look for a way to contact them by
          email, ask in your email for Brian Barancz. Brian is very helpful and should
          be able to tell you if anything is happening during the anniversary weekend.

          Very respectfully,
          G E "Gerry" Mayers
          Confederate Signal Corps,
          Longstreet's Corps

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
            Does anybody know if there's going to be a significant Antietam reenactment
            this year?

            > email, ask in your email for Brian Barancz. Brian is very helpful and
            should
            > be able to tell you if anything is happening during the anniversary
            weekend.

            > Very respectfully,
            > G E "Gerry" Mayers
            > Confederate Signal Corps,
            > Longstreet's Corps

            Service.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
              Not that I have heard of Richard, no. The NPS will hold some sort of
              commemerative event, and there is talk that the Sharpsburg Historical
              Society will hold some sort of event. Nobody knows what at this point
              in time.
              Tom Clemens

              >>> richard@... 4/27/2005 3:38:09 PM >>>

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
                Dear Richard,

                There are usually only significant reenactments for Sharpsburg every five
                years on the five year anniversaries. Thus, the 135th, the 140th, etc.

                Very respectfully,
                G E "Gerry" Mayers
                Confederate Signal Corps,
                Longstreet's Corps