Re: [TalkAntietam] Volunteers Restore Historic Otto Lane

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27 8:02 AM
      I plan to join the full-day ranger hike this Sunday, which includes stop at Otto Farm.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27 8:18 AM
        Great Tom, maybe we'll see you there. I like to walk my dog on the Otto
        farm because he can of the leash and chase ground hogs, squirrels etc.
        I'll keep an eye out for you. Not sure whattime I'll get there, but
        enjoy the tour, and hope for good weather.

        >>> rotbaron@... 4/27/2005 11:02:42 AM >>>

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 27 8:25 AM
          Weather is supposed to be great on Sunday. I have first reenactment with my
          group at Neshaminy this weekend, and Saturday doesn't look so great right
          now.

          Very respectfully,
          G E "Gerry" Mayers
          Confederate Signal Corps,
          Longstreet's Corps

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27 11:49 AM
            Do any of you guys know what (if anything) is happening on the anniversary
            this year?

            Richard Croker
            www.rcroker.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 27 12:07 PM
              Dear Richard,

              If you go to www.nps.gov/anti, and then look for a way to contact them by
              email, ask in your email for Brian Barancz. Brian is very helpful and should
              be able to tell you if anything is happening during the anniversary weekend.

              Very respectfully,
              G E "Gerry" Mayers
              Confederate Signal Corps,
              Longstreet's Corps

            • richard@rcroker.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 27 12:38 PM
                Does anybody know if there's going to be a significant Antietam reenactment
                this year?

                > email, ask in your email for Brian Barancz. Brian is very helpful and
                should
                > be able to tell you if anything is happening during the anniversary
                weekend.

                > Very respectfully,
                > G E "Gerry" Mayers
                > Confederate Signal Corps,
                > Longstreet's Corps

                Service.

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 27 12:45 PM
                  Not that I have heard of Richard, no. The NPS will hold some sort of
                  commemerative event, and there is talk that the Sharpsburg Historical
                  Society will hold some sort of event. Nobody knows what at this point
                  in time.
                  Tom Clemens

                  >>> richard@... 4/27/2005 3:38:09 PM >>>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 27 2:00 PM
                    Dear Richard,

                    There are usually only significant reenactments for Sharpsburg every five
                    years on the five year anniversaries. Thus, the 135th, the 140th, etc.

                    Very respectfully,
                    G E "Gerry" Mayers
                    Confederate Signal Corps,
                    Longstreet's Corps