Re: New Antietam photo book

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005
      In a message dated 4/15/05 1:54:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      clemenst@... writes:
      There is a photo book coming out this summer, just got a look at it
      yesterday.
      Can I assume this is the much-awaited Tim Smith & Garry Adelman book? I had
      heard of it last summer, but it was still waiting for the publisher to give the
      go-ahead. Sort of a "Then & Now" type book like Frassanito's series for
      Gettysburg?

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2005
        No this is done by someone in West Virginia. It is a sort "artsey'
        thing, photos of the field and some reenactors, but very little text.
        Draft copy looked good, B&W photos, etc. It is not a history, more of a
        coffee table evocative sort of thing.
        Will send more details when I get a final copy in hand.

        >>> rotbaron@... 04/15/05 8:19 PM >>>
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005
          I just picked up the new "Antietam Then and Now" by Garry Adelman and
          Timothy Smith. It is AWESOME! Wow. What a bunch of great photographs.
          Kudos to Garry and Tim.

          Stephen Recker