Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Suggestions for Antietam historian? part II

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 14, 2005
      There is a great book called "When Lincoln Died" that is simply a group
      of great photographs related to his assassination, plus a running
      narrative of first-hand, eye-witness quotes. It tells the whole story
      through they eyes of those that were there.

      To do a book like Frassanito would be great, but an immense amount of
      work, research-wise. Certainly, putting together a coherent narrative
      from contemporary sources would be a great task, but nothing like
      putting together a photo-history of the battle - wow!

      Stephen Recker

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 14, 2005
        Tom,

        Thanks. You are awesome. I'll give him a call tomorrow. If that doesn't
        work, I'll take you up on your kind offer. It won't be this weekend,
        though. I'm heading up to Gettysburg for the History Meets the Arts
        weekend. I'll be at the Union Drummer Boy most of the time if anyone is
        in the area and wants to stop and say hello. Thanks.

        Stephen Recker

        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 14, 2005
          Dear Stephen,

          I will be in The Burg also over at the Wax Museum on Steinwehr Avenue with
          the Civil War Heritage Foundation for HMTA this weekend. (In fact, my wife
          and I leave tomorrow morning!)

          If you can break away, come on down and just ask for John W.
          Fairfax.........

          Very respectfully,
          G E "Gerry" Mayers
          Confederate Signal Corps,
          Longstreet's Corps

          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 15, 2005
            There is a photo book coming out this summer, just got a look at it
            yesterday. It is more landscapes and individuals, but in B&W and very
            nice looking. Hope there is room in the market for another of course.

          • Darin Boville
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 25, 2005
              I've been "out" with a cold and out-of-town visitors for the past
              week--but thanks to all for your help. I'll figure out what I am am
              doing very soon...

              --Darin

              www.darinboville.com

              On Friday, April 15, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

              > There is a photo book coming out this summer, just got a look at it
              > yesterday.� It is more landscapes and individuals, but in B&W and very
              > nice looking.� Hope there is room in the market for another of course.
              >

              > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

              <image.tiff>

              > �
              > �

              Darin Boville
              Photography and Video
              www.darinboville.com

            • Darin Boville
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 25, 2005
                Thanks, Tom, for the info.

                Does anyone know if the new book has samples on the web? Is it worth
                buying? I'm way out here on the West Coast nowadays and am not able to
                stop by to see it in person. Gary's book sounds interesting, too.

                Thanks,

                --Darin

                On Monday, April 25, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

                > Darin,
                > I got a look at the finished product of the book yesterday when I
                > stopped at the Visitor's Center.� It is pretty much like the proof,
                > just
                > pictures and small captions.� I did not see it, but evidently Gary
                > Adelman is coming out with a "then and now" picture book on Antietam
                > sometime this summer.�
                > Tom Clemens

                <image.tiff>

                > �