Re: [TalkAntietam] Ranger Battlefield Hikes

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2005
      Richard,

      You have said it exactly. BTW, James McPherson,who wrote the book For Cause
      and Comrades, once gave a US Army MG a tour of Antietam. At the Sunken Road,
      after hearing the description of the carnage there, the General confessed he
      did not think the American fighting person today would be able to do what
      the boys of the Irish Brigade did back then.

      It took GUTS!

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,