Clipp Farm site

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25 5:56 AM
      While near supposed site of the Clipp Farm yeserday, we discussed possible site of that farm. Carman map has it on left side of Roulette Lane (as you head toward Roulette Farm). Yet, Stephen Recker noted he's seen it (on another map) placed on opposite side of road.

      Ted Alexander said there is essentially no material available on the Clipp Farm. We saw no indications of a farm site in the area (heavy grass prevented detailed look).

      Anyone else have comments on its location?

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25 6:01 AM

        About halfway between the Sunken Road and the Roulette Farmstead area, just
        along the lane on the LEFT side, there is a slight raised area which is
        flat.

        IMHO, this was the site of the Clipp cabin, which was a tenant house from
        what I have been able to gather from reading.

        The Clipp house, if it indeed stood there, was not a very big one.

        Hope this helps!
        Very respectfully,
        G E "Gerry" Mayers
        Confederate Signal Corps,
        Longstreet's Corps

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25 6:04 AM
          I've looked too, with no success. It must not have been much of a place. A lot of the early cabins were just logs laid on the ground. When they are rotted and gone not much remains. I do not recall soldiers describing it or mentioning it in their memoirs.
          Tom Clemens

          >>> rotbaron@... 3/25/2005 8:56:04 AM >>>

          While near supposed site of the Clipp Farm yeserday, we discussed possible site of that farm. Carman map has it on left side of Roulette Lane (as you head toward Roulette Farm). Yet, Stephen Recker noted he's seen it (on another map) placed on opposite side of road.

          Ted Alexander said there is essentially no material available on the Clipp Farm. We saw no indications of a farm site in the area (heavy grass prevented detailed look).

          Anyone else have comments on its location?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          To visit your group on the web, go to: