Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: [Antietam preservation

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2005
      Dear Brian,

      As someone who has been through lower Washington County many times, I can
      say that while the village of Sharpsburg itself has resisted almost all
      attempts at development, the northern part of Washington County, around
      Hagerstown, has been developing at quite a rate.

      Tom Clemens can surely fill you in on more details than I, but it is only
      going to be a matter of time before the pace of development reaches down
      into Boonsboro and Sharpsburg areas.

      IMHO, we need to be ready for that fight "before" it happens. SHAF has a
      relatively good partnership with the Antietam NBP as well as a relatively
      good relationship with the Town Fathers of Sharpsburg and those of
      Washington County.

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,