RE: [TalkAntietam] Irish Brigade hikes: March 19-20

  • tlivesey@westwoodgalleries.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
      Harry,

      Didn't you get the notice? This is now the Gettysburg Monument Discussion
      Board.

      Other topics should be posted privately.

      TRL

      Quoting Harry Smeltzer <hjs21@...>:

      > Is there some reason why Tom should not share such information publicly?
      >

      > Are the activities of the Irish Brigade at Antietam off topic for
      > TalkAntietam?
      >

      > What am I missing here?
      >

      > Harry

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7, 2005
        Oh, that explains it.

        (Though I have to admit I did contribute a brief post to that thread.)

        I will contact you privately regarding new, indisputable evidence that Lee
        had with him at Sharpsburg but 236 rookie infantrymen (unarmed), 2
        blacksmiths, 5 cooks, and a footman. I wouldn't want to distract anyone ;-)