Re: [TalkAntietam] Manassas Battlefield Conference

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 10:07 AM
      Paula,
      That was while ago. The conference looks like fun. If you go, please give my regards to Brian P.

      >>> 128thpa@... 3/4/2005 6:34:17 AM >>>

      Below is info on a fantastic conference. I have gone to 8 of the 9 conferences and the only reason I missed one was because my son was graduating from college!
      All profits from these conferences are donated to Civil War preservation. If you need additional info after reading the web site or have trouble with the web site, please let me know.

      BTW, the first conference was held at Antietam and one of our guides was a TalkAntietam member Tom Clemens. Hi Tom! <g> I know you probably don't remember my son semi-video taping some of that - he was just a kid and I will have to tell you a story about that video. But to point out how long ago that was - that kid is getting married!

      Paula

      9th Annual Civil War Forum Battlefield Conference
      ************ First & Second Manassas ************

      When: March 31 to April 3, 2005
      Where: HQ -- Hampton Inn, Manassas, VA

      There are still some seats available on the tour bus for the CW Forum
      Battlefield tour & conference. Click on the link below for full
      schedule and complete registration details.

      -------- http://tinyurl.com/6towo --------

      Some of the highlights (included in registration cost):

      *** 3 full evening programs featuring talks by historians William
      Miller, Scott Patchan, and Brian Pohanka. Includes catered dinner of
      Virginia barbecue all three nights; display (Thurs.) of Civil War
      muskets and bayonets, and book signing for Miller's newly released
      "Great Maps of the Civil War" -- http://tinyurl.com/6awfk
      *** guided tour of Civil War sites in Loudoun County, in the heart of
      Mosby's Confederacy, with historian Stevan Meserve.
      *** guided tours of First and Second Manassas/Bull Run with author &
      historian Scott Patchan
      *** Arlington cemetery tours of the graves of Civil War notables, and
      Arlington House

      The Civil War Forum is one of the country's oldest on-line Civil War
      discussion groups, one that has survived and thrived on the basis of
      its dedication to polite and intelligent exploration of the Civil War
      era in a moderated and cordial format. Each year about 30-50 of us meet
      in person, long-time members and first-timers, to traverse hallowed
      ground.

      Every March we endeavor to put together a program of top-flight guides
      and speakers, with good food and comfortable facilities, while keeping
      registration costs as low as possible. All income over expenses --
      usually derived from donated raffle items and book sales -- goes to a
      Civil War preservation organization. Join us at Manassas for a
      memorable and informative weekend.

      Even if you can't make it to the conference, you're welcome anytime to
      visit and participate in the Forum's message boards. You can do that
      here:
      http://community.netscape.com/civilwar

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • 128thpa@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 1:33 PM
        <<That was while ago. The conference looks like fun. If you go, please give my regards to Brian P.>>
        I will Tom! I am looking forward to the conference.
        Paula