RE: [TalkAntietam] What can be done?

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
      I think you mean Humphreys.

      Harry

      -----Original Message-----
      From: richard@... [mailto:richard@...]
      Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 7:31 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] What can be done?

      My second book is about Fredericksburg -- talk about still fighting over who
      got closest to the wall!!!!! To this day you risk losing a friend if you
      suggest that Meagher got closer than Howard. And speaking of Howard AND
      monuments...he and Richard (The Angel of the Battlefield) Kirkland are the
      only statues on Marye's Heights. That's a bit of a travesty in my view.

      BTW (WARNING -- shameless plug to follow) -- To Make Men Free is now out in
      paperback. The Fredericksburg book is scheduled for March, Oh Six.

    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2005
        I just logged on to correct myself! You beat me to it (as I knew you
        would). Either way...