Re: [TalkAntietam] Toll House

  • T.R. Livesey
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
      I should also have mentioned that the toll house is shown more clearly
      in this image (not included in Frassanito's book)

      http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/jps/610.html

      TRL

      rotbaron@... wrote:

      >In a message dated 2/26/05 9:20:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      >gerry1952@... writes:
      >Where was the Toll Gate House located and is it still standing today?
      >Gerry,
      >
      >In Frassanito's Photographic Legacy, on page 85, he refers to a photo on
      >opposite page. He states: "The stone building in the left distance [no longer
      >standing] may have been a turnpike tollhouse..."
      >
      >Compare that photo to the one at the URL below. The photo noted below appears
      >to have been taken from opposite direction, so that same stone building is on
      >right side of photo.
      >
      >http://mdhsimage.mdhs.org/Library/Images/Mellon%20Images/Z24access/z24-00818.j
      >pg
      >
      >Tom Shay

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Ron Church
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
        Tom,

        I was not able to get the photo... the topo map came thru fine. Would you
        please cut and paste the photo and send it again ... would very much like to
        see it.

        Thank you
        Regards
        Ron

        > I should also have mentioned that the toll house is shown more clearly
        > in this image (not included in Frassanito's book)
        >
        > http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/jps/610.html
        >
        > TRL
        >
        > rotbaron@... wrote:

        ....... snip .......
      • T.R. Livesey
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
          Ron,

          You need to have Java enabled on your browser to see the stereo image
          properly. I have attached a "Holmes" version of the image.

          Regards,
          TR Livesey
          tlivesey@...

          Ron Church wrote:

          >Tom,
          >
          >I was not able to get the photo... the topo map came thru fine. Would you
          >please cut and paste the photo and send it again ... would very much like to
          >see it.
          >
          >Thank you
          >Regards
          >Ron

        • T.R. Livesey
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
            Hmmm...looks like yahoo groups clips out attached images. Ok, You can
            view the original raw untouched up source on the LOC:

            http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?pp/ils:@filreq(@field(NUMBER+@band(cwpb+00271))+@field(COLLID+cwp))

            (this link is correct...some mail browsers have a hard time with the
            crazy loc URLs...you may have to copy the whole link directly into your
            web browser address box)

            TRL