Re: [TalkAntietam] Toll House

  • T.R. Livesey
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005

      The image you provide a URL to is the same image as shown in
      Frassanito's book, only it has been cropped and reversed left-to-right.

      I have the stereo version here:
      http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/jps/607.html

      TR Livesey
      tlivesey@...

      rotbaron@... wrote:

      >Gerry,
      >
      >In Frassanito's Photographic Legacy, on page 85, he refers to a photo on
      >opposite page. He states: "The stone building in the left distance [no longer
      >standing] may have been a turnpike tollhouse..."
      >
      >Compare that photo to the one at the URL below. The photo noted below appears
      >to have been taken from opposite direction, so that same stone building is on
      >right side of photo.
      >
      >http://mdhsimage.mdhs.org/Library/Images/Mellon%20Images/Z24access/z24-00818.j
      >pg
      >
      >Tom Shay

    • T.R. Livesey
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
        I should also have mentioned that the toll house is shown more clearly
        in this image (not included in Frassanito's book)

        http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/jps/610.html

        TRL

        rotbaron@... wrote:

        >In a message dated 2/26/05 9:20:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        >gerry1952@... writes:
        >Where was the Toll Gate House located and is it still standing today?
        >Gerry,
        >
        >In Frassanito's Photographic Legacy, on page 85, he refers to a photo on
        >opposite page. He states: "The stone building in the left distance [no longer
        >standing] may have been a turnpike tollhouse..."
        >
        >Compare that photo to the one at the URL below. The photo noted below appears
        >to have been taken from opposite direction, so that same stone building is on
        >right side of photo.
        >
        >http://mdhsimage.mdhs.org/Library/Images/Mellon%20Images/Z24access/z24-00818.j
        >pg
        >
        >Tom Shay

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ron Church
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005

          I was not able to get the photo... the topo map came thru fine. Would you
          please cut and paste the photo and send it again ... would very much like to
          see it.

          Thank you
          Regards
          Ron

          > I should also have mentioned that the toll house is shown more clearly
          > in this image (not included in Frassanito's book)
          >
          > http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/jps/610.html
          >
          > TRL
          >
          > rotbaron@... wrote:

          ....... snip .......
        • T.R. Livesey
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
            Ron,

            You need to have Java enabled on your browser to see the stereo image
            properly. I have attached a "Holmes" version of the image.

            Regards,
            TR Livesey
            tlivesey@...

            Ron Church wrote:

            >Tom,
            >
            >I was not able to get the photo... the topo map came thru fine. Would you
            >please cut and paste the photo and send it again ... would very much like to
            >see it.
            >
            >Thank you
            >Regards
            >Ron

          • T.R. Livesey
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
              Hmmm...looks like yahoo groups clips out attached images. Ok, You can
              view the original raw untouched up source on the LOC:

              http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?pp/ils:@filreq(@field(NUMBER+@band(cwpb+00271))+@field(COLLID+cwp))

              (this link is correct...some mail browsers have a hard time with the
              crazy loc URLs...you may have to copy the whole link directly into your
              web browser address box)

              TRL