Re: [TalkAntietam] Porterstown Road?

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2005
      I definitely assumed too much when reading items such as this by Carman: "At
      a point on the road 260 yards below the bridge a farm road--Rohrbach's--runs
      northerly through the ravine separating these two hills from, to the Rohrbach
      farm house, thence to the Porterstown road. "

      I checked the Trailheads Graphics Map, and indeed it has the Porterstown Rd
      labeled as you indicated. Thanks for the info.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2005
        Gerry et al,
        I will have to go back and do some homework, the wood frame house across
        the road from the stone one is what is usually referred to as the Toll
        House. It still is there today, although there is an addition on it
        now. I am not sure why Carman says the stone place was the toll house.

        SHAF almnost bought the wooden place a few years ago, but got closed out
        of the deal.
        Tom Clemens

        >>> gerry1952@... 02/26/05 9:19 PM >>>