Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam authors

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25 8:28 AM
      Tom, By the Antietam Monuments book, do you mean a book with all the text of
      all the battle field markers?

      I have a paperback from Geo R Large and Jos. A Swisher which gives the text
      for all, including missiing, markers put on the field by the War Department.

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25 10:23 AM
        I reviewed it for somebody a while back. his facts are generally OK, but there were a few inaccuracies. His tone bothered me more than his details. The whittling down of CS numbers to make the comparison to the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae is facile, and the whole analogy a bit over the top.
        Tom Clemens

        >>> rotbaron@... 2/25/2005 11:21:54 AM >>>

        <<Any assessment of Tucker's book?

        I pulled out the Antietam Monuments book last night (Charles Adams). I had forgotten how much info was in it. Having the text from the monuments and markers is a great help.

        I see Scott Hartwig spoke last night at Gettysburg CWRT. Topic was "MD Campaign and Antietam". Sure would be nice to have that in-progress tactical study of Antietam from him!

        Tom Shay

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        To visit your group on the web, go to: