Re: [TalkAntietam] Burnside Bridge: 11th OH skirmishers?

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
      Harry,

      Interesting you mention Priest. Priest's work, while valuable in many
      respects, is also flawed. I have found instances in his Antietam: A
      Soldiers' Battle where footnotes are not properly ascribed and also some
      other errors.

      Therefore, I think anything Priest writes should be taken with some grains
      of salt.

      Very respectfully,
      G E "Gerry" Mayers
      Confederate Signal Corps,
      Longstreet's Corps

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 25, 2005
        I don't disagree. The reason I mentioned Priest was because Tom listed his
        as one of the two works to which he referred.

        There may be similar problems with the other author mentioned as well
        (Tucker).

        Harry

        > I don't know, I don't own that book ("9th Corps at Antietam", I think).
        >

        > It's probably best to check his sources and those of Tucker and Priest as
        > well.
        >

        > Harry

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ij898v/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705126278:HM/EXP=1109422797/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
        etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

        :HM/A=2593423/rand=279987745>

        _____