Re: [TalkAntietam] Trip Report for 9/16

  • Brian Morris
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
      Last march I waked all around the Pry House and nobody said a word. It was
      my first time there and I was surprised that there was no obvious markings
      showing it as having any historical significance.

      Brian

    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
        It's on the short list for renovation. But the NPS is a low priority with
        the current administration, so I guess we'll just have to wait.
        > Last march I waked all around the Pry House and nobody said a word. It was
        > my first time there and I was surprised that there was no obvious markings
        > showing it as having any historical significance.
        >
        > Brian
        >

        > > I did. I drove past the marker and a ranger came out and did his badass
        > > impression.
        > >
        > > Yes, I would like some photos....conveniently labeled!

      • Brian Morris
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
          The problem is people complain about how much money the government spends
          and there being deficits but then turn around and complain that they aren't
          spending enough money on their own pet project (In our case Civil War
          preservation). You can't have it both ways. We have to accept the fact that
          the government can't fund every project under the sun and regardless of
          administration has never funded the NPS battlefield parks as much as we all
          probably would like.

          Brian