RE: [TalkAntietam] Trip Report for 9/16

  • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
      I didn’t really mind, but I thought he was going to run me through the
      terrorist database before he let me go. My sin was not parking in front,
      in the little lot I missed, and driving up behind the house and parking
      there.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
        Last march I waked all around the Pry House and nobody said a word. It was
        my first time there and I was surprised that there was no obvious markings
        showing it as having any historical significance.

        Brian

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
          It's on the short list for renovation. But the NPS is a low priority with
          the current administration, so I guess we'll just have to wait.
          > Last march I waked all around the Pry House and nobody said a word. It was
          > my first time there and I was surprised that there was no obvious markings
          > showing it as having any historical significance.
          >
          > Brian
          >

          > > I did. I drove past the marker and a ranger came out and did his badass
          > > impression.
          > >
          > > Yes, I would like some photos....conveniently labeled!

        • Brian Morris
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
            The problem is people complain about how much money the government spends
            and there being deficits but then turn around and complain that they aren't
            spending enough money on their own pet project (In our case Civil War
            preservation). You can't have it both ways. We have to accept the fact that
            the government can't fund every project under the sun and regardless of
            administration has never funded the NPS battlefield parks as much as we all
            probably would like.

            Brian