RE: [TalkAntietam] Trip Report for 9/16

  • Tim Reese
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
      Okay. I've made a note-to-self for clearer weather. Ivan is literally
      raining on the figurative anniversary parade just now. Party pooper! I'll
      do a panorama with labels. Q.E.D.

      Others have experienced the law-enforcement syndrome thereabouts, including
      myself on occasion. As urban life draws nearer, so too urban problems.
      Rangers are a bit paranoid these days when folks are seen in potentially
      mischievous situations. While working at nearby Gathland SP I had to call
      in a ranger to arrest two dope peddlers trying to sell grass to Boy Scouts.
      Both were high as kites; tried to scale the War Correspondents Arch. Look
      Ma, I can fly!!

    • Jeff Beckner (PWC Magazine)
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
        I didn’t really mind, but I thought he was going to run me through the
        terrorist database before he let me go. My sin was not parking in front,
        in the little lot I missed, and driving up behind the house and parking
        there.

        Okay. I've made a note-to-self for clearer weather. Ivan is literally
        raining on the figurative anniversary parade just now. Party pooper!
        I'll
        do a panorama with labels. Q.E.D.

        Others have experienced the law-enforcement syndrome thereabouts,
        including
        myself on occasion. As urban life draws nearer, so too urban problems.
        Rangers are a bit paranoid these days when folks are seen in potentially
        mischievous situations. While working at nearby Gathland SP I had to
        call
        in a ranger to arrest two dope peddlers trying to sell grass to Boy
        Scouts.
        Both were high as kites; tried to scale the War Correspondents Arch.
        Look
        Ma, I can fly!!

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by AmeriMail]

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---

        [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by AmeriMail]
      • Brian Morris
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
          Last march I waked all around the Pry House and nobody said a word. It was
          my first time there and I was surprised that there was no obvious markings
          showing it as having any historical significance.

          Brian

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
            It's on the short list for renovation. But the NPS is a low priority with
            the current administration, so I guess we'll just have to wait.
            > Last march I waked all around the Pry House and nobody said a word. It was
            > my first time there and I was surprised that there was no obvious markings
            > showing it as having any historical significance.
            >
            > Brian
            >

            > > I did. I drove past the marker and a ranger came out and did his badass
            > > impression.
            > >
            > > Yes, I would like some photos....conveniently labeled!

          • Brian Morris
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 17, 2004
              The problem is people complain about how much money the government spends
              and there being deficits but then turn around and complain that they aren't
              spending enough money on their own pet project (In our case Civil War
              preservation). You can't have it both ways. We have to accept the fact that
              the government can't fund every project under the sun and regardless of
              administration has never funded the NPS battlefield parks as much as we all
              probably would like.

              Brian