Re: [TalkAntietam] Staying near Sharpsburg

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
      For pure history -- stay at the Piper House! It was Pete's HQ on the day of
      the battle and is right in the middle of the field just alongside the Bloody
      Lane. Failing that, the Historic Rohrbach Inn downtown is where I stayed
      while I was researching To Make Men Free. It's changed ownership since
      then, but the previous owners, who have become friends of mine over the
      years, tell me that the new guys are very nice, very good and have done some
      approprite renovations. They have a website.

      Richard Croker