Re: [TalkAntietam] Staying near Sharpsburg

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
      Marc, are you thinking of the Sleep Inn off of 65?
      Paula

      Brian,

      Right on the road to Antietam Battlefield just South of Hagerstown on Route
      70 is new motel that i have stayed at. I am sure someone knows the name of
      it. Also, Frederick MD is not that far away from either Harpers Ferry or
      Antietam with lots of motels, plus a selection of places to eat.

      Marc Riddell

      83rd PVI-President
      2nd USSS
      Potomac Legion-President

    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
        For pure history -- stay at the Piper House! It was Pete's HQ on the day of
        the battle and is right in the middle of the field just alongside the Bloody
        Lane. Failing that, the Historic Rohrbach Inn downtown is where I stayed
        while I was researching To Make Men Free. It's changed ownership since
        then, but the previous owners, who have become friends of mine over the
        years, tell me that the new guys are very nice, very good and have done some
        approprite renovations. They have a website.

        Richard Croker