Re: [TalkAntietam] NY Times Article

  • tangogee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2001
      In a message dated 30/05/2001 18:26:21 GMT Daylight Time, teej@...
      writes:

      Bud,

         I, for one would be very interested in seeing it. Thanks.

      Teej

      Me too Bud

      Granville
    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30, 2001
        In a message dated 05/30/2001 11:53:49 AM EST, gwilk@... writes:
        << A couple years ago I posted a Sept. 23, 1862 NY Times article on the ADG.
        It gave quite an extensive report on that Sept. 17th battle in Maryland.
        I saved the article and will post it here if anyone is interested. >>

        Greetings, Bud!

        Brian had posted several articles from NY Daily Tribune which I put on our
        group website.
        If you like, I can post your article there too.

        FYI...the web address is:
        http://www.geocities.com/talkantietam/

        Tom Shay - heading for GDG Muster in Gettysburg this weekend
      • Bud Wilkinson
        Message 3 of 8 , May 31, 2001
          I have included the entire text of the Times article(s)
          as an attachment, since it is rather lengthy. When
          originally posted on the ADG it was done over a period
          of several days. Any of you who prefer not to open
          any attachments just let me know & I can send as email
          in that manner.

          Tom Shay....feel free to post on the web site if you so desire.

          Bud
        • Teej Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , May 31, 2001
            Bud Wilkinson wrote:

            > I have included the entire text of the Times article(s)
            > as an attachment, since it is rather lengthy. When
            > originally posted on the ADG it was done over a period
            > of several days. Any of you who prefer not to open
            > any attachments just let me know & I can send as email
            > in that manner.

            Bud,

            When I clicked on the file it wouldn't open. Perhaps it's just my
            computer. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an email
            copy? Thanks.

            Teej
          • Bud Wilkinson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 31, 2001
              Gee, what's goin' on here? Nobody seems to be able
              to open....will send entire article via email.
              Bud

              At 10:01 AM 5/31/01 -0400, you wrote:
              >Bud Wilkinson wrote:
              >>
              >> I have included the entire text of the Times article(s)
              >> as an attachment, since it is rather lengthy. When
              >> originally posted on the ADG it was done over a period
              >> of several days. Any of you who prefer not to open
              >> any attachments just let me know & I can send as email
              >> in that manner.
              >
              >Bud,
              >
              > When I clicked on the file it wouldn't open. Perhaps it's just my
              >computer. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an email
              >copy? Thanks.
              >
              >Teej

            • Anthony W. Turner
              Message 6 of 8 , May 31, 2001
                Teej wrote:
                << Bud, When I clicked on the file it wouldn't open. Perhaps it's just
                my computer. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an
                email copy? Thanks. >>

                I had the same problem, Bud. May I echo Teej's request?

                Tony Turner