RE: [TalkAntietam] CW Properties Protected

  • Tim Reese
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 9, 2004
      Kev,

      Herein lies a pet peeve of mine: oral transmission of critical data. Logic admits that Hill MAY have been viewing his dilemma from the false summit (Robertson's house), but I'd like to see Steve's sources to back it up. These not forthcoming, we're back to intemperate speculation as usual. Maybe these things will be revealed in his 9/13 Gathland lecture. You will of course excuse me if I do not attend. We're not on speaking terms. I've heard too much already. "Views" don't matter; documentary research does. That failing, three simple words will suffice--I don't know.

      This may seem harsh of me (no pun intended), but I've grown weary of all the wild conjecture where primary sources are lacking. Frustrating yes, but no excuse to cobble together theory as fact. Too much of that going around.

      Tim

      PS: Nice quotation, Richard. You gotta feel sorry for Hill.

    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 13, 2004
        Only if you're not man enough to "chug"!
        Ask Jubel Early!