RE: [TalkAntietam] Weekend events in Sharpsburg

  • Tim Reese
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30 9:57 AM
      Hi Kev,

      Reassuring to know things quickly reverted to the usual rural civility as they should. Sharpsburg is noted for this, a patina of placid calm superimposed over America's bloodiest day. All quiet on the Potomac indeed. Well said.

      How did those clowns get a march permit from the town council? Someone asleep at the switch, or just too "fair-minded"? I trust and hope their threat of a return performance next year is hollow. The online Herald-Mail article was deeply depressing. Close your doors, folks; turn your backs. The whirlwind passes quickly.

      On the local front, I'm happy to confirm that the Blair Witch cinematographer did indeed buy it in a plane crash. A Gettysburg friend sent me a news clipping. What goes around comes around.

      Producers Dan Myrick and Eduardo Sanchez have also hit rock bottom. Neither can find work, nor procure backing for new projects. Poor babies. Spent all their ill-gotten gains. My heart bleeds. We still get occasional drive-through gawkers, but they haven't the guts to dismount. At least they don't wear sheets.

      It's a strange world out there, hence our discomfort when it intrudes. Will that war ever be fully understood?

      Tim

    • Rawlings, Kevin
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30 10:13 AM
        Tim,

        Nah!

        I think the specter of first amendment lawsuits and the probability
        Sharpsburg would lose in court denying a parade permit prodded our reluctant
        tax spending town council officials to issue the said permit.

        I guess the curse really works!

        Kevin