NY Times Article

  • Bud Wilkinson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30 9:35 AM
      Group:

      A couple years ago I posted a Sept. 23, 1862 NY Times article on the ADG.
      It gave quite an extensive report on that Sept. 17th battle in Maryland.
      I saved the article and will post it here if anyone is interested. Just
      give me a shout.........

      Bud
    • Teej Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30 10:32 AM
        Bud Wilkinson wrote:

        > Group:
        >
        > A couple years ago I posted a Sept. 23, 1862 NY Times article on the ADG.
        > It gave quite an extensive report on that Sept. 17th battle in Maryland.
        > I saved the article and will post it here if anyone is interested. Just
        > give me a shout.........

        Bud,

        I, for one would be very interested in seeing it. Thanks.

        Teej
      • tangogee@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 11:05 AM
          In a message dated 30/05/2001 18:26:21 GMT Daylight Time, teej@...
          writes:

          Bud,

             I, for one would be very interested in seeing it. Thanks.

          Teej

          Me too Bud

          Granville
        • rotbaron@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 30 11:27 AM
            In a message dated 05/30/2001 11:53:49 AM EST, gwilk@... writes:
            << A couple years ago I posted a Sept. 23, 1862 NY Times article on the ADG.
            It gave quite an extensive report on that Sept. 17th battle in Maryland.
            I saved the article and will post it here if anyone is interested. >>

            Greetings, Bud!

            Brian had posted several articles from NY Daily Tribune which I put on our
            group website.
            If you like, I can post your article there too.

            FYI...the web address is:
            http://www.geocities.com/talkantietam/

            Tom Shay - heading for GDG Muster in Gettysburg this weekend
          • Bud Wilkinson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 31 4:51 AM
              I have included the entire text of the Times article(s)
              as an attachment, since it is rather lengthy. When
              originally posted on the ADG it was done over a period
              of several days. Any of you who prefer not to open
              any attachments just let me know & I can send as email
              in that manner.

              Tom Shay....feel free to post on the web site if you so desire.

              Bud
            • Teej Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , May 31 7:01 AM
                Bud Wilkinson wrote:

                > I have included the entire text of the Times article(s)
                > as an attachment, since it is rather lengthy. When
                > originally posted on the ADG it was done over a period
                > of several days. Any of you who prefer not to open
                > any attachments just let me know & I can send as email
                > in that manner.

                Bud,

                When I clicked on the file it wouldn't open. Perhaps it's just my
                computer. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an email
                copy? Thanks.

                Teej
              • Bud Wilkinson
                Message 7 of 8 , May 31 7:19 AM
                  Gee, what's goin' on here? Nobody seems to be able
                  to open....will send entire article via email.
                  Bud

                  At 10:01 AM 5/31/01 -0400, you wrote:
                  >Bud Wilkinson wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I have included the entire text of the Times article(s)
                  >> as an attachment, since it is rather lengthy. When
                  >> originally posted on the ADG it was done over a period
                  >> of several days. Any of you who prefer not to open
                  >> any attachments just let me know & I can send as email
                  >> in that manner.
                  >
                  >Bud,
                  >
                  > When I clicked on the file it wouldn't open. Perhaps it's just my
                  >computer. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an email
                  >copy? Thanks.
                  >
                  >Teej

                • Anthony W. Turner
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 31 7:59 AM
                    Teej wrote:
                    << Bud, When I clicked on the file it wouldn't open. Perhaps it's just
                    my computer. If it's not too much trouble could you please send me an
                    email copy? Thanks. >>

                    I had the same problem, Bud. May I echo Teej's request?

                    Tony Turner