Re: [TalkAntietam]

  • tjrhys62
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2004
      Hi Richard,

      Actually the noted traffic problem lies on Rt. 34 east of
      Sharpsburg. Here in Burkittsville (two Ts--com'on folks, get it
      right) traffic is nonexistent except at "rush" hour. Cats sun
      themselves in the middle of the street midday. We get occasional
      speeders, but having no cops who's to stop them?

      On the other hand, in '93 I was down your way to see Atlanta CW
      sites where my g-grandfather fought before shoving off for Macon.
      The Athens Historical Society was dedicating a new marker at Laurel
      Hill Cemetery and, as we drove south out of Atlanta, a Doraville cop
      nailed us for speeding. Seems they have a traffic-ticket cottage
      industry going. You have to pay there immediately or the fine
      doubles. We had a tight schedule to keep, and so kept going.

      Upon returning to MD we also learned that the doubled fine doubles
      again after a very short time frame. By the time they were
      satisified we had shelled out over $300, all for 5 MPH over the
      limit. You can keep cities. Too aggressive for my taste. Nice place
      to visit, but...

      Tim

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, <richard@r...> wrote:
      > Ah -- how odd it is for a boy from Atlanta, Ga to hear you guys
      complain
      > about the TRAFFIC in BURKITSVILLE!!!!!!!!! (With an "eye").

      Keedysville
      > > since it was bypassed by present day Rt 34. But I see changes in
      the wind
      > > coming down the pike literally and figuratively.
      > >
      > > Burkittsville and the myth of the Blair Witch. Ah, a good myth
      dies hard
      > > even when its perpetrated by Hollywood. Sort of like our Slave
      Block in