Anniversary weekend events

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2004
      Other than the park events (I have already checked out the web site) and the dedication of the 90th Pa monument and the below events, is there anything else going on for the anniversary weekend?
      Paula

      From Tom Shay:

      Schuylkill County Day at Antietam
      Veteran Volunteer
      Sunday September 19, 2004
      100th Anniversary of the Dedication of
      48th Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteer Infantry
      & 50th Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteer Infantry
      Sponsored by Historical Society of Schuylkill County
      Participants:
      Pottsville Joint Veterans
      Pottsville Joint Veterans Firing Squad
      Ceremonies begin at 1:00 p.m.
      At Monument of 50th PVI
      Rodman Avenue
      Commanding Officer
      Brigadier General Benjamin C. Christ
      Prayer
      Laying of Wreath
      Speaker Stu Richards
      Firing Squad
      Ceremonies will end at 1:15 p.m.
      Ceremonies begin at 1:30 p.m.

      At Monument of 48th PVI
      Branch Avenue
      Commanding Officer
      Brigadier General James Nagle
      Prayer
      Laying of Wreath
      Speaker John David Hoptak
      Firing Squad
      Ceremonies will end at 2:00 p.m.
      Call Historical Society of Schuylkill County
      For Details, call: 570-622-7540

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • rotbaron@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
        128thpa@... writes:
        Other than the park events (I have already checked out the web site) and the
        dedication of the 90th Pa monument and the below events, is there anything
        else going on for the anniversary weekend?
        The 28th Penna Regt. Brass Band contacted me, noting they would be playing at
        a monument dedication on Sept
        18 (Saturday). I presume this is the 90th PA dedication.

        The band offered (and we accepted!) to play at our dedication of 48th and
        50th PA monuments on Sunday Sept 19.

        Tom Shay - Schuylkill County CWRT

      • 128thpa@comcast.net

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2004
            Paula, here is another item...

            Antietam Anniversary Weekend to Include Appearance by Artist Jeff Fioravanti.

            Sharpsburg, MD (August 10, 2004) - artist Jeff Fioravanti announced today that he will be appearing at Antietam National Battlefield, September 17 & 18, from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, in the visitor center as part of the annual “anniversary weekend” commemoration. The appearance by the artist will be part of a collection of activities slated for the park September 16 – 19, 2004. His appearance will also help kick off the recently announced (July 9, 2004) partnership between Fioravanti and the Western Maryland Interpretive Association (WMIA) an organization that serves as the nonprofit cooperating association for Antietam and Monocacy National Battlefields.

            Jeff Fioravanti is an award-winning artist, who belongs to several preservation groups and prestigious art organizations throughout the United States, and is included in Who’s Who in America. To learn more about the artist, and to see a sampling of his artwork, please visit http://www.fioravanti-fineart.com, or contact the artist at 781/595-5961 or via email jfiorava@....