Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: "At ease"

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2004
      Thank you Bill.

      Here's the situation.

      It's a council of war. A room full of generals (division and corps
      commanders) are sitting around awaiting the arrival of the Commanding
      General of the Army of the Potomac (in this case, Ambrose Burnside).
      Burnside enters the room and they all come to attention. What would
      Burnside say? In modern terms it would be "as you were."

      Sidebar -- he doesn't say it becaused he is REALLY POd, and he keeps them
      standing -- but I need to know what he "should have said" anyway.